Gamers! Fans of The PowerSwitch! E3 2018 is only a few weeks away! It’s that time of year again, so we are holding an E3-themed contest that has a very simple premise!
– You will be presented with 50 questions regarding what may or may not occur before or at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. These are questions that will be definitively answered “YES” or “NO” by the time the expo comes to a close.
– All you have to do is answer each question with “YES” or “NO,” as well as answer the tiebreaker question with a number.
– Peter (the podcast host) will reveal his answers on The PowerSwitch’s annual live call-in predictions show. This will likely take place on June 8th, with more details to follow soon.
– The fan with the highest percentage of answers correct, as determined by the host at the end of E3, will be asked to be a guest on the post-E3 episode of The PowerSwitch.
– You must submit your answers VIA EMAIL to powerswitchpod(AT)gmail(DOT)com for them to be valid. Please let us know in your submission who you are, or how you want to be referred to.
– In order to be a guest on The PowerSwitch, you will need a working computer microphone and have no qualms (parental, etc.) with having a Discord call with us. This does not mean you cannot enter the contest, but if you win and are not able to be a guest for either of these reasons, we will have to consider the fan with the next highest score.
– Submissions must be entered a few hours before we go live for our pre-E3 call-in episode of The PowerSwitch. This will occur likely around Friday, June 8th. Therefore, the sooner you submit your answers, the better chance you have of the deadline not passing you by. However, once you submit your entry, those are the answers we will stick with for your official submissions. Any resubmissions that you make will be disregarded, as it would become complicated for maintaining our records.
– As an extra incentive for those who submit early, those who enter from May 21-27 will receive 4 bonus points added to their final score. Those who enter from May 28-June 3 will receive 2 bonus points.
So with that, let’s reveal the questions involved and see who is blessed with an eye towards the future!
– Will a brand new, first-party intellectual property be announced?
– Will Halo 6 be revealed?
– Will an all-new Gears of War or Fable game be revealed?
– Will Crackdown 3 receive a specific release date?
– Will a racing game specifically titled “Forza Horizon 4” be announced?
– Will Below and Ashen be shown during the conference?
– Will an old Rare property be rebooted in some fashion?
– Will Minecraft be mentioned during the conference?
– Will online multiplayer capability be permanently included with a Game Pass subscription?
– Will virtual or augmented reality be mentioned during the conference?
– Will the conference open with a live orchestral performance?
– Will third-person gameplay footage be shown during the conference from all three of the following – The Last of Us Part II, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima?
– Will Days Gone or Dreams receive specific release dates?
– Will a new game from one of Sony’s first-party studios be revealed?
– Will Bluepoint announce that they are remaking one of the following titles – Metal Gear Solid, Demon’s Souls, inFAMOUS?
– Will PlayStation Now or backwards compatibility be mentioned at all during the conference?
– Will PlayStation VR be mentioned or shown in a specific game’s trailer during the conference?
– Will FromSoftware show more of the project currently known as Shadows Die Twice?
– Will new video footage of Final Fantasy VII Remake or Shenmue III be released?
– Will PlayStation users finally be able to change their PSN names?
– Will more than two newcomers be revealed for Super Smash Bros.?
– Will Retro Studios reveal a new IP for Switch?
– Will a Mario Maker, Animal Crossing, or a Pikmin game be revealed for Switch?
– Will two of the following three Switch games receive an official title – Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Yoshi?
– Will a Metroid Prime 4 trailer be shown during the Direct?
– Will games from a system other than NES be announced for distribution via Nintendo Switch Online?
– Will a new game for 3DS be revealed during the Direct?
– Will two of the following four third-party games receive Switch ports – Overwatch, Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto V, Dragon Ball FighterZ?
– Will Mario Kart Tour be mentioned during the Direct?
– Will Mother 3 be announced for Switch?
– Will Kingdom Hearts III receive a specific release date that is before November 1, 2018?
– Will Rocksteady reveal a new game that features an established superhero protagonist?
– Will Cyberpunk 2077 receive a 2019 release window?
– Will The Avengers Project be shown at all?
– Will a new character or mode for Overwatch be announced?
– Will Anthem receive a specific release date?
Will a new Splinter Cell or Watch Dogs game be revealed during Ubisoft’s conference?
– Will Bethesda Game Studios reveal a new IP?
– Will more than two games shown during the press conferences have battle royale modes announced?
– Will a game series which had its last title release over 10 years ago receive a new installment?
HOPES AND DREAMS
– Will Half Life 3, Portal 3, or Left 4 Dead 3 be revealed?
– Will Devil May Cry V be revealed?
– Will Borderlands 3 be revealed?
– Will The Elder Scrolls VI be revealed?
– Will The Sims 5 be revealed?
– Will Resident Evil 2 Remake be revealed?
– Will Saints Row 5 be revealed?
– Will Banjo-Threeie be revealed?
– Will Deep Down be revealed?
– Will Agent be revealed?
TIEBREAKER: How many times will the word “SMASH” be spoken during the Nintendo Direct?
Good luck and happy predicting!
Latest posts by Peter Spezia (see all)
- On the Precipice of Google at GDC | The PowerSwitch - March 17, 2019
- METAL GEAR RISING and VA-11 HALL-A – Original Soundchat – Episode 7 - March 12, 2019
- The Rumored Future of Xbox | The PowerSwitch - March 11, 2019
- DEVIL MAY CRY 3 and KIRBY’S EPIC YARN – Original Soundchat – Episode 6 - March 5, 2019
- Pokémon Sword & Shield Isn’t Meant for You | The PowerSwitch - March 4, 2019