TODAY on The PowerSwitch – Gaming’s Call-In Talk Radio Show: Spoilers in video games and how soon is too soon, avoiding spoilers for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, purposefully spoiling certain elements of games before release, whether or not Pokémon Sun/Moon showed too much in its marketing, and good tutorials versus bad tutorials – on location from Portland, Maine
- (1:19) – Main Topic: Spoilers in Video Games
- What is considered a spoiler?
- Why do we try to preserve them?
- Is it better to be spoiled?
- Comparing game spoilers to movies
- How soon is too soon?
- Presenting an interesting case for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Using spoilercasts as a means of catharsis
- (11:22) – Caller: VideoGameGuru64 (Illinois)
- Games to tackle on the backlog
- Avoiding spoilers for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- (18:52) – Caller: Ivan (Illinois)
- Purposefully spoiling certain elements of games before release
- Most anticipated games of the year
- (33:59) – Caller: Rita (California)
- Pokémon Sun/Moon and showing too much through marketing
- (43:49) – Good Tutorial vs. Bad Tutorial
- GOOD: Watch Dogs 2
- BAD: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
- (50:55) – Outro
Latest posts by Peter Spezia (see all)
- The Best Games Halfway Through 2018 | The PowerSwitch - July 8, 2018
- The Google Game Console Prospect | The PowerSwitch - July 4, 2018
- The Future of Console Cross-Play with Logan Moore | The PowerSwitch - June 25, 2018
- E3 2018 Final Thoughts with Demetrius | The PowerSwitch - June 23, 2018
- Top 10 | Super Smash Bros. for Wii U OST | Tempo Control - June 12, 2018