Peter Spezia breaks down his 11 video game predictions for 2018! The video game industry changes every day and your time is important. Let’s get you caught up, starting right now, on Games in Time!
11 VIDEO GAME PREDICTIONS FOR 2018
- A Super Smash Bros. game will be announced for Nintendo Switch, featuring a character from either Splatoon or ARMS
- A major video game website (IGN, Kotaku, Gamespot, etc.) will post an article that reports rumors of the next PlayStation or Xbox console
- Nintendo will ditch the Virtual Console name for its upcoming game service and no GameCube game support will be announced throughout the year
- At least three already-established game franchises will add Battle Royale modes, but PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will still top the Steam concurrent players list by year’s end
- Either God of War or Spiderman will be a Game of the Year nominee at 2018’s installment of The Game Awards
- All three currently-known Xbox exclusives for 2018 – Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, and State of Decay 2 – will not reach 85 on Metacritic
- Activision-Blizzard will begin to support Nintendo Switch with a port of Hearthstone
- Two of the following three sequels will be officially announced – Dragon Age 4, Fable 4, The Elder Scrolls VI
- Only one of the following highly-anticipated games actually launches in 2018 – Anthem, Kingdom Hearts III, Pokémon on Switch
- PlayStation VR users will be able to “attend” and change perspectives in a live, multi-camera, streamed event
- Donald Trump won’t be able to help himself and will mention or reference Far Cry 5 in a tweet
The following two tabs change content below.
Speaking into a microphone about nerd culture is a passion project for Peter Spezia, formerly known as SMYNYouko. Peter has been an Internet broadcaster since 2007, with past shows including Show Me Your News and WTF, Pokémon. His latest ventures include hosting The PowerSwitch - gaming's call-in talk radio show - and writing for RhymesWithAsia.com. A University of Michigan alum, Peter lives in the Great Lakes State with his wife Rachel as he works in video production for FCA US LLC. When he isn't keeping track of the latest video game industry news, Peter is either playing the guitar or staying fit.
Latest posts by Peter Spezia (see all)
- Early Third-Party E3 2019 Predictions | The PowerSwitch - May 19, 2019
- JET SET RADIO and DOOM (2016) – Original Soundchat – Episode 16 - May 14, 2019
- Early Microsoft E3 2019 Predictions | The PowerSwitch - May 12, 2019
- METAL GEAR SOLID 2 and DONKEY KONG 64 – Original Soundchat – Episode 15 - May 7, 2019
- Early Nintendo E3 2019 Predictions | The PowerSwitch - May 5, 2019